GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- This role will work directly with the regional SSA Statutory & Controllership teams to prepare and file the statutory financial statements to support the annual tax returns filed with the local authorities following the rigorous project planning, execution & debrief process.
- Your Scope will mainly focus on Nigeria
- Obtain, interpret and provide country requirements relating to statutory accounting and reporting to business finance managers.
- Hold planning meetings with the statutory auditors to agree on the audit approach, fees, schedule audit calendar and the prepared by client list.
- Hold planning meetings with the internal process stakeholders (business finance managers/controllers & tax directors/controllers) to agree on the audit requirements and key hand over dates.
- Compile and communicate the statutory and tax required documentation & information that is required to support the local statutory & tax filing to all the process stakeholders.
- Review & sign-off on required documentation & information provided by business finance teams.
- Perform US GAAP to local GAAP (G2S) reconciliation for all business management entities reported under the legal entity in the Statutory and Tax Information Reporting tool (STIR).
- Report out the G2S findings to the Statutory Controllership Leader, Business Finance Managers, Business Tax Controllers and Business Controllers.
- Prepare the entity level and management entity financial statements in compliance with the local reporting requirements.
- Manage statutory audit field work and monitor the execution in accordance with the agreed audit calendar.
- File the Statutory financial statements in accordance with the local requirements
- Attend operational pulsing meetings throughout the entire process to update all the process stakeholders on milestones achieved, challenges and next steps.
- Perform the annual reconciliations between the VAT and statutory sales for the legal entity & management entities and identify the corrective actions.
- Hold de-brief meetings with all the statutory & tax process stakeholders and identify process improvement areas as well as any corrective actions for future filing periods.
- Ownership of e-Compliance obligations for the entities and responsibility for ensuring eCompliance is accurate and up-to-date
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc degree in Business, Finance or Accounting from an accredited university
- Qualified chartered accountant.
- 4-6 years of experience with Stat to GAAP, Statutory/Tax filings, analyzing data preferably at Big4 or at companies using long term contracts.
- Excellent knowledge of country requirements relating to statutory accounting and reporting & extensive experience in reporting under Local GAAP.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP requirements & excellent Knowledge of IFRS.
- Ability to identify areas which are subject to G2S differences and apply them on a US GAAP Trial Balance and documents supporting the preparation of the Statutory Trial Balance under the local jurisdiction
- Comprehensive understanding on the local documentation requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - report out the key achievements, challenges and next steps on a weekly basis to the regional leadership team
- Self-starter with a commitment to meet deadlines - strong engagement to perform activities identified in the project plan and lead to completion on time and meet the Key Milestone deadlines of the project
- Strong attention to details, experience with data analytics
- Identify risk areas which can impact the timely and accurate completion of the key milestones and use the appropriate communication channels provided by the project framework to escalate issues
- Escalate issues on a timely manner using the Stat and Tax Compliance tracker
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Demonstrated team player with collaborative and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create operational guidelines and metrics to facilitate strong process performance.
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/488107 to apply for this job .