GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is one of the world's leading suppliers of power generation and energy delivery technologies providing a broad array of solutions for traditionally fueled plants as well as those driven by renewable resources such as wind, solar and biogas.
GE is looking for experienced “other Original Equipment Manufacturer” (oOEM) Field Engineer / Shift Leader with valuable experience on oOEM technology: Gas & Steam Turbines or Generators SIEMENS, WESTINGHOUSE and MITSHUBISHI.
- Center of Excellence (CoE) Project Manager:
- Responsible to build up oOEM Team, working for the Service Leader oOEM MEA.
- Provide technical expertise on oOEM, preparing Field Service Procedures and Protocols in collaboration with GE Engineering and oOEM Product Line.
- Provide technical direction and project management for the maintenance of oOEM Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine and Generator products - Planning, Preparing & Implementing.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of Specialists and support employees assigned on shift to meet safety, schedule, budget, and quality objectives of the project.
- Prepare accurate reports concerning conditions, actions required and results obtained at the systems level.
- Assume responsibility for tool inventory from pre-job preparation through completion. Recommend procurement of and revisions to tools and equipment.
- Provide system level interface and field service engineering expertise to division, customer and product line management and assist engineering, technical and non-technical personnel at the job sites in the fulfillment of their roles.
- Review and Sign completed time and expenses as needed.
- Complete job evaluations for each Specialist and each casual employee on the job and communicate to each employee.
- Observe the work area and employee work habits and take all necessary actions to maintain productivity in a safe, clean, working atmosphere.
- Actively gathers information on the customer and the customer's requirements/targets; Involves the customer in decision-making processes and provides regular information on project progress; Identifies Cross-Group business opportunities; Creates additional business opportunities out of the ongoing project.
- Involved with qualified subcontractors/partners in a timely manner.
- Selects subcontractors/partners according to defined criteria.
- Monitors the performance of the subcontractors/partners, conducts timely escalation (in the event of qualitative shortfalls and problems in cooperation) and, where there are any discrepancies, initiates timely suitable action.
- Selects subcontractors/partners based on strategic viewpoints.
- Identifies further opportunities for business with the partner(s).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Relevant experience (minimum 5 years) in oOEM products: technical & maintenance knowledge Gas Turbine, Generator or Steam Turbine, including auxiliaries.
- Good command of oral and written English skill.
- Valuable skill: Hands-on experience directing and installing Blades, Vanes, Rotor De-stacking, Generator Winding, Steamer Majors, etc.
- Power plant or field service experience preferred.
- Strong customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
- Work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Willing to continuously work on construction site and travel worldwide.
- Environmental, Health and Safety mindset and compliance.
- Read and understand technical drawings.
- University degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent Experience, i.e. proven Qualification as a Mechanical Lead Supervisor by oOEM (SIEMENS, Westinghouse, Mitsubishi) with advance knowledge on MS Office as well as Corporate Applications (SAP, ORACLE, Salesforcecom,
- Successful candidates will be employed under local employment conditions. Please submit resume in English
- Minimum 5 years Field Engineer / Shift Leader experience on oOEM Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines or Generators.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/488102 to apply for this job .