Johns Hopkins University - The Center for Communication Programs (CCP) was established over 25 years ago in recognition of the pivotal role communication plays in the way people think and behave about health and development issues. We are a Center within the Department of Health, Behavior and Society at the Bloomberg School of Public Health. CCP has active programs in more than 30 countries worldwide as well as in the US
The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health Center for Communication Programs (JHU-CCP) seeks for experienced and qualified candidates to work for the position
Reports to: Deputy Director - Family Planning
- The HC3 Nigeria Program Specialist will provide programmatic support for advocacy, demand generation and service provider components of the family planning program.
- She/he will report directly to the Deputy Director-FP and work in close consultation the Senior Technical Advisor - Social Mobilization, HC3 FP State Coordinators and the HC3 Nigeria HQ Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In addition to the overall program inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with Deputy Director-FP and HC3 FPteam to develop and implement the advocacy, demand generation and service provider components of the family planning project, as assigned.
- Support advocacy activities targeted and, policy targeted at governments, policy makers, FP implementing partners and other stakeholders
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of effective relationships with family planning project partners, implementing partners, Federal and State MOHs and other key stakeholders
- Assist with establishing relationships with and coordinating FP service delivery partners and activities in FP project states and Federal level
- Provide support for training and capacity building activities targeted at HC3 project partners, heath service providers, community based organization, community mobilizers. volunteers etc.
- Provide support for implementation of HC3 FP mass media strategies as assigned Provide support to the HC3 FP State Coordinators and State Teams as required Assist with the development and writing of timely program reports on a quarterly and annual basis and disseminate program success stories, and other reporting duties as assigned
- The position will be based at the HC3 Office inAbuja but will involve approximately 30% travel to project states
- Perform job duties/responsibilities in support of CCP’s Mission and Values, as appropriate.
- Other duties as necessary and assigned by supervisor and HC3 COP
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities at this time.
Education and/or Experience
- Master’s Degree or higher in a relevant field (public health, social science, humanities, other).
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience on Family Planning or related Reproductive Health programs in Nigeria. SBCC and/or Community Mobilization expertise highly valued.
Must be fluent in English, and given the geographic focus of the project, Hausa and/or lgbo is highly desirable.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/487846 to apply for this job .