Peoplesource Consulting - Our client is a recognised and respected name in the Nigerian hospitality industry with a large focus on premium deserts. Due to their rapid growth, an exciting opportunity with this growing business awaits the right candidate. This is a dynamic and friendly environment that will suit an enthusiastic and strategic thinker. To help accelerate growth and transformation, we are seeking to recruit a HR Officer for our client. The ideal candidate for this role would have worked in a fast paced environment and have experience supporting recruitment and ER (Employee Relations) cases as well have an eye for detail, show a passion for HR and customer service.
The HR Officer will assist with all aspects of HR which would include; supporting the recruitment process for all hires, managing the employee lifecycle, monitoring ER with the general manager and providing generalist support coordinating day to day HR activity.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure the timely and smooth run of the monthly payroll by providing the accounts department with required employee information (fines and other deductions, new employee start dates, end dates, absenteeism, etc).
- Ensure that contract letters have been given to staff within 1 month of their start date.
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place.
- Ensuring that a proper filing system is maintained for all staff information and records.
- Responsible for organising, planning and conducting induction for all new staff.
- Organise and monitor staff training with the business manager or relevant line manager.
- Organize periodic staff training sessions and workshops.
- Monitor and record daily staff attendance and overtime.
- Monitor scheduled absences such as leave or travel and liaise with supervisors to ensure that staff absence has been adequately covered for to avoid disruption to business activities.
- Ensure that company policies are clearly communicated to all staff.
- Carry out surprise checks to ensure that company policies are being adhered to.
- Ensure that disciplinary action (fines, penalties etc) for various offences are implemented, documented and communicated to staff.
- Responsible for dealing with grievances and staff welfare related matters.
- Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles
- Co-ordinate the performance appraisal process.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff.
- Liaise with our recruitment consultants when required to ensure that quality candidates are short listed for vacant positions.
- Schedule, organize and participate in recruitment interviews
- Ensure that employees receive allowances and benefits due to them when they become eligible.
- Conduct reference checks and collate guarantor information on prospective candidates.
- Act as liaison person between the Health Management Organisation and the company.
- Responsible for organising and monitoring staff lunch
- Perform other HR related duties as required
- Act as Gatekeeper for CEO and MD on all personnel related matters.
- B.Sc degree holder in Human Resource Management or similar discipline
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role in a QSR (Quick Service Restaurant) franchise.
- HR generalist coordinator/advisory experience
- Experience managing ER cases
- Retail experience in a HR role (beneficial)
- Supporting recruitment activity
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Passion for retail and positive work ethic
- CIPM part or fully qualified or working towards qualification
- To succeed in this position you should have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to continuously improve the way we deliver value to our internal and external customers. Be flexible and able to adapt to new cultures and environment.
Any other tasks assigned by your Manager
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/487673 to apply for this job .