MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- To manage, direct, advise and oversee the Budget, Business Plan and Forecast, all Management and Financial Reporting companywide including such functions as Salaries and Payroll, Tax Planning and Control, Mergers and Acquisitions Advisory, Business and Financial Analysis, Financial Systems Front End Administration as well as special ad-hoc financial project
- Extract value from what we already have through cross-functional/and or regionally focused activities such as: multi-functional business optimisation, contracts review and negotiation, cross-functional capital/budget efficiency projects etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new cross-functional business opportunities, e.g., through nurturing new business opportunities, products launched, product/process innovation, structural changes, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state legislations & policies, participating in state level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as thought leader, executing regional/local CSR projects, involvement in (inter)industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities, data analysis, reviews, etc.
- Cross-functional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation, employee networks mentorship/support, cross-division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership/execution as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at Excom) etc.
- Drive increase in Shareholder return by ensuring that Finance Processes are aligned to achieve all elements on the business score card. (E.g. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Champion/Sponsor review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, business optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Champion Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Assess resource requirements for the department and develop budget for the Finance planning function and regularly monitor resources of the department ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions. Guide and implement credit and bad debt management policies and procedures and its provisions are raised in line with MTNN policies and procedures.
- Coordinate new business ventures and projects and Group initiatives, ensuring adequate return on Assets and Equity.
- Monitor changes in regulations and technology that may affect revenue assurance functions in MTNN and ensure revenue leakage is minimised.
- Regularly monitor and review resources of the department ensuring they are allocated and utilised in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provision.
- Manage the financial reporting and management information services ensuring that the financial picture externally and the internal realities match.
- Manage Financial Advisory Services for all merger and acquisition activities.
- Improve MTNN’s Net Promoters Score
- Develop strategies and champion customer centric culture across the organization and develop/reform relationships with MTNN’s internal and external customers to transform the MTNN’s revenue.
- Provide Tax Advisory and Planning Services ensuring that MTN Nigeria meets all statutory and Legal Tax requirements
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Develop financial planning framework for MTNN and drive business planning /budgeting activities of the organisation, ensuring alignment with company strategy and objectives, and facilitating the development and production of MTN N business plans and financial budgets for Board approval.
- Set company and subsidiary accounting policy and standards for both Nigerian and IFRS standards, ensuring that the organisational financial policies, procedures and processes are efficient, effective and consistent across all units and subsidiaries.
- Control Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) for Finance across the business – IFS, Hyperion, OFA and Hardcat and provide oversight for the coordination of internal and external audit process.
- Establish and maintain financial policies that support prudent and professional accounting management of financial, interest rate and currency risks.
- Review compliance with tax laws and provide tax advisory services to the divisions, directing effective short and long term tax planning as well as regular remittance to statutory bodies, managing subsidiary tax structures.
- Develop and periodically review payroll processes and provide advice on remuneration issues and policies for national and expatriate staff.
- Lead and collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- First degree in Accounting or related area of study
- Professional Qualification from a recognized Accounting Body (FCA, CA/ACCA)
- Minimum of 12 years work experience including:
- Senior management track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry as per relevant role
- 3 years’ experience in relevant industry/sector
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous)
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Experience in financial Reporting & Planning
- Telecoms (both Fixed and Wireless)
- International finance
- Group policy and practice
- BA, BEd, BSc, BTech or HND
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/487297 to apply for this job .