The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods and earthquakes.
It is not a single organization. It is composed of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the 189 individual National Societies. Each has its own legal identity and role, but they are all united by seven Fundamental Principles.
- Maximizes fleet efficiency and effectiveness for all vehicles and generators through planned preventative
- maintenance in accordance with guidelines issued from Geneva or in accordance with manufacturer’s
- recommendations as well as in view of operational requirements.
- Repairs and maintains ICRC Vehicles and generators according to workload planning and instructions.
- Controls and ensures the use of genuine spare parts and professional working methods for all repairs.
- Establishes and maintain an accurate and Job card based maintenance history for all log/Fleet assets
- Fills in all accidents, services and repairs in technical logbook
- Stocks In liaison with ABJ workshop and prepares order for spares for six month consumption for Maiduguri
- Carries out routine works mainly independently
- Degree in mechanics or recognised technical training
- 2 years work experience as a mechanic
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Driving license
- Succeeded in ICRC Driving test.
- Personal Attributes:
- Flexible and motivated
- Good sense of responsibility and well organized
- Quality, preventive maintenance and solution oriented
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/486870 to apply for this job .