About the Company
A leading publishing house with offices located in Abuja, Lagos and London. We are seeking for qualified, competent and reliable candidates to fill in the vacant position:
The Accounts Officer is responsible for the overall financial management and day-to-day accounting and book keeping of the company.
- Financial Accounting: Responsible for budget and forecasting; producing and analysing monthly expenses, quarterly and year end financial accounts; production of statutory accounts and filing of tax and VAT return
- Accounting Systems: Responsible for reviewing, updating and implementing existing internal accounting systems and introducing new systems and controls where appropriate
- Accounting Software: Responsible for maintaining computerised accounting software, ensuring the provision of adequate third party support for the software and upgrading of the software where appropriate
- Expenditure Control: Responsible for monitoring all company expenditure and where appropriate making recommendations to individuals and teams responsible for budgets
- Co-ordination of additional book-keeping support as necessary from time to time.
- General Ledger: Responsible for maintaining the General Ledger; setting up new accounts and cost centres; ensuring reconciliation of control accounts; ensuring correct allocation of expenditure to cost centres
- Purchase Ledger: Responsible for accurate processing of all supplier invoices and for their regular payment
- Banking: Responsible for managing all company bank accounts, bank reconciliation, banking, checking receipts match expenses and making sure authorised with signature, writing cheques and petty cash and ensuring adequate funds are available to meet expenditure requirements
- Payroll: Responsible for generating a monthly payroll
- Royalties: Responsible for preparing authors royalties
- A degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field of study
- At least 2 years relevant experience as an accounts officer or a bookkeeper
- Working knowledge of computerised accounting systems and spreadsheets.
- Good verbal and written presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative within a team environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
Please note; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/486862 to apply for this job .