This job listing has expired! Click here to view the latest NGO jobs in Nigeria
Fountain of Joy & Comfort Foundation is a non-profit organization incorporated in 2011 to bring joy and comfort to humanity through the provision of quality eye care to the poor, funds for antenatal care of indigent pregnant women, provision of state-of-the-art Health Care Centres in rural communities and provision of quality education to children who are from poor homes, all geared towards the achievement of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program officer (Eye Care)
Overall Job Function:
The Program Officer will provide primary eye care to patients which includes examination, diagnose and treatment of vision problems and eye diseases; Strive to achieve the Foundation’s vision in the provision of quality and free eye care to the less privileged.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop specific goals and plans to ensure accomplishments of eye care programs and activities.
2. Active coordination of outreach programs, events and activities.
3. Render exceptional eye care services during outreach programs and during office hours.
4. Ensure outreach programs are conducted successfully with very minimal issues and without supervision.
5. Carry out pre-outreach assessments of selected communities; establish relationships with community members and health care officials in various communities.
6. Ensure successful post-op treatments and review of eye care patients and distribution of regular/special order lenses to patients.
7. Conduct trainings / eye health lectures during outreach programs.
8. Maintain professional relationship with all Technical Volunteers in the FJC team.
9. Conduct after action learning and appraisals after each outreach to discuss successes and flaws identified.
10. Follow up with sponsorship of indigent patients requiring eye treatments in referred hospitals.
11. Write reports and provide detailed statistical data relating to programs conducted
12. Record and maintain information of patients treated in written and electronic form.
13. Stock control and ordering of supplies for drugs, lenses and consumables.
14. Any other duty assigned.
Additional/ Minimum Qualification and Experience:
· Doctor of Optometry with an updated license
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
The candidate must also possess:
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent observational skills
· Excellent professional care, diagnostic and management skills
· Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
· Good report writing skills
· Computer proficiency is a must.
· Experience in community medical outreaches is an added advantage
The organization offers highly competitive salary package.
Method of Application:
Qualified and interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume via email. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.