GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Provide technical support to Railroad with regards to maintenance of Diesel Electric locomotives. Over and above the day to day responsibilities, the TA shall support Railroad with equipment diagnosis, as well as provide direction on maintenance and troubleshooting tasks and parts replacement.
- We may not have a specific job for you today, but are interested in your expertise for tomorrow. As actual openings become available, you may be contacted to discuss a potential opportunity.
- Provide technical direction in an advisory capacity to railroad hourly, management and employees.
- Provide clear direction on maintenance and troubleshooting tasks including all appropriate documentation.
- Interpret and ensure adherence to GE work scopes and MI’s.
- Administer locomotive warranty material through troubleshooting, inspection and validation.
- Manage warranty material inventory stock and replenishment.
- Encourage and maintain safe work environment
- Responsible for compliance with local regulations and specific local customer safety and HSE/EHSpolicies.
- Provide feedback to other GE teams for updates to work scopes, engineering practices, component quality and functionality, design changes and shop processes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Secondary Education in Engineering or applicable technical training or primary education together with 5 years applicable experience in industrial operation
- Willingness to work various shifts, various days.
- Experience and proficiency with a PC, email as well as Microsoft office applications
- Ability to work in railroad locomotive shop environment
- Professional demeanor and appearance representing GE Transportation to multiple customers.
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally up to 25% of the time
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required for Nigerians only. (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the roles location.
- Technical experience in a maintenance or production environment.
- Rail industry knowledge and work experience.
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Effective team contributor and member.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/486819 to apply for this job .