Appen is a language technology solutions and consulting firm, recognized as a global leader in the quality, range and caliber of its expertise. We are focused on helping our clients reach international markets by leveraging our expertise in over 150 languages and dialects. Our clients are among the world’s top internet search engine and voice recognition providers.
We are looking for Linguists/Computational Linguists who are native speakers of 'subject language', for flexible or full-time home-based role.
The project is an exciting and challenging opportunity to help develop world-class linguistic software.
Linguistic skills should include grammar, syntax, morphology, computational.
The candidates should be familiar with linguistic tools, and language technology applications.
- Development using Lexicon Creator: create template structure, populate templates, document templates, use functions.
- Grammar design (for grammar checker and other components): create high-level structure, such as level design and chunking approach. Give guidance to linguists working on complex implementation.
- Lead triage process, write specs, invokes project management best practices.
- Advanced degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics
- Native speaker of one or more of the above languages
- High proficiency in English
- Excellent technical skills
- Linguistic skills should include morphology and syntax
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail
- capable of managing or performing computational linguistic work in several languages.
- An individual with a computational linguistics degree and proven experience (syntax, morphology, lexicography) on multiple languages.
- Must be capable of working across multiple languages, leveraging deep linguistic knowledge and computational experience with other languages.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/486809 to apply for this job .