Arbico Plc is a full service, building, and civil engineering contracting company. It was established in 1958 and has been quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978.
The company has become one of the foremost building construction companies in Nigeria with presence across the geopolitical zones of the country.
Description of Position:
- Receives all incoming shipments; verifies and inspects for conformity to appropriate purchase orders. Notifies and/or delivers received items to addressee.
- Receives, classifies, and credits returned or reclaimed materials, supplies, and equipment and replaces them in stock according to an existing storage system.
- Unpacks materials, supplies, tools, and equipment; verifies articles received against packing list and purchase orders; counts or weighs the articles; stores articles in prescribed bins, racks, shelves, and floor or yard sites.
- Inspects incoming materials for wear, damage, or defects; reports any discrepancies or damage in materials received; notifies the proper person if repairs or adjustments are required.
- Processes receiving and delivery for inventory and non-inventory items purchased by Procurement department.
- Delivers supplies, forms, and copy paper to all necessary departments
- Accepts and returns to stock all materials, supplies and equipment returned upon completion of jobs.
- Take Inventories stock as scheduled or required; posts and maintains records of stock received and issued; notifies Head, Stores when supplies are getting low.
- Coordinates with Accounts department and participates in the annual physical inventory process.
- Solves difficult problems such as tracing purchase documents or partial shipments.
- Ensures the security of equipment and supplies kept in storage areas by locking up the Equipment as needed.
- Processes the return of materials to vendors or materials to be scrapped or junked.
- Contacts Procurement department and all concerned departments regarding shortages and condition of materials and equipment received.
- Ensures equipment returned to store are in good condition. Arranges for repairs of a variety of tools and equipment returned to store.
- Prepares weekly reports and forwards to Head, Stores for review.
- Minimum of 2nd Class upper degree in Accounts or any relevant discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft suite (Word and Excel).
- Advanced IT skills including extensive knowledge of Tally Software.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/486599 to apply for this job .