Arbico Plc is a full service, building, and civil engineering contracting company. It was established in 1958 and has been quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978.
The company has become one of the foremost building construction companies in Nigeria with presence across the geopolitical zones of the country.
Description of Position:
- You have a practical mind and strong numerical management skills. You will be required to perform a wide variety of tasks throughout the complete project.
You will manage all cost relating to the building project. You will look to minimize the costs and to enhance value for money, while keeping the design-wished standards and quality.
You will create according and regular report in order to keep track of any variation.
You will have in charge the management of the materials data library with its technical and cost data. This includes the up-keeping of the existing data as well as its expansion. Therefore, you will scout the market in search for new materials and updated prices as well as updated labour costs. You will contact suppliers, organise and contact agenda, organise regular meetings for material presentation and collect relevant samples.
- Assist in finding out client requirements
- Operate risk, value management and cost control;
- Prepare and submit quotations and bills of quantities for work.
- prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting procurement activities.
- Advise on a procurement strategy;
- Assist to assess and to value the completed on-site work and arrange payments;
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Provide advice on contractual claims;
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports;
- The management of a data library of materials and labour costs. This management includes the up-keeping, the updating, regular meetings and material presentation and a supplier’s details agenda.
- Liaise with the other departments of the company in order to smooth the project processes.
- Be able to understand the principles of the Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Building Modelling Information (BIM) technology for simulation purposes and to ensure the effective coordination of the data
- 1st Degree in Quantity Survey
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Minimum of 5years quantity survey and estimating experience
- Experience in Consulting firm preferred
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills and the ability to learn sophisticated design and costing IT packages.
- Solid knowledge of building and construction technology, processes, materials, business and legal matters.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Method-oriented and disciplined.
- Three-dimensional vision skills.
- Above-average use of Microsoft suite Word and Excellent use of Microsoft suite Excel.
- IT skills including knowledge of the principle and organisation of Autodesk Auto-CAd and Autodesk REVIT.
- Good use of Microsoft Project.
- Commercial awareness.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/486590 to apply for this job .