Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, the Maintenance Officer will ensure that ZML equipment is maintained effectively and maintenance processes are observed.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing daily reports to the Maintenance Coordinator on the status of equipment by liaising with the Port Engineer, Captains and Chief Engineers.
- Liaising with workers and checking in on the prompt repairs and maintenance of vessels and equipment.
- Ensuring that preventive maintenance cycles are observed by the personnel onboard.
- Communicating maintenance requests and reports daily from the vessels to the Maintenance Coordinator and actively working towards solving them.
- Maintaining an inventory record of equipment (vessels, fenders, hoses) and scheduling maintenance and repair periods.
- Obtaining timely certifications of equipment and keeping inventory of validity dates and exercises.
- Inspecting equipment routinely with the Port Engineer to ensure availability and functionality for operations.
- Monitoring contractors to ensure that maintenance work is being performed effectively and promptly.
- Supporting and initiating enhanced maintenance systems and procedures and policies to improve the organization’s equipment.
- Following up on operational activities and updates to ensure coherence between the operations and maintenance team.
- Following up on ongoing maintenance activities.
Qualification, Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years relevant, practical experience in Operations and Maintenance in the Marine Logistics industry.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong report writing skills.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/486572 to apply for this job .