British American Tobacco is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
- The job holder will proactively support to execute Treasury & Cash Management processes such as, cash management, Import, Foreign exchange transactions management, Insurance risk management, credit facilities, and banking relationships.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Business/Operational Results:
- Provide proactive support (within the global treasury strategy framework) in order to implement opportunities for enhancing treasury effectiveness and to assist teams in delivering the global Treasury strategy.
- Execute treasury management activities following agreed global standard processes and frameworks
- Effective monitoring of cash status in all BATN Group banks to ensure compliance with mandates and counterparty limits.
- Effective monitoring of all trade transactions to ensure payments are made timely and proper ledger posting of the transactions.
- Ensure that discrepancies in documentation by suppliers are sorted out quickly to facilitate supplier payment.
- Efficient allocation of transactions and receipts across banks.
- Effective Foreign exchange bids at inter-bank and export proceeds utilization.
- Identify opportunities and implement for continuous improvement with regard to treasury management processes and systems.
- Leadership Results:
- Ensure that employees are aware of regulations governing foreign exchange and other transactions.
- Ensure Treasury operating procedures and control systems are implemented throughout the company.
- Management Results:
- Timely and accurate maintenance of the LC & Bills tracker.
- Timely preparation of monthly clearing journals to GL and other reports.
- Relationships Results:
- Effectively interface with other finance functions (including AP, GL, and Marketing Finance) to achieve targets and accurate reporting.
- Effective relationship with banks to achieve competitive costs, support and improved services.
- Business Context:
- The Treasury Assistant will work with and report directly to the Treasury Executive.
- The Treasury Executive will add value by driving innovative solutions that support Treasury operations.
- Innovation Results (Internal & External):
- Play a lead role in the periodic review of treasury manual and other policies.
- Drive the pooling initiative
- Financial Accounting
- Operations Finance
- Finance shared service centre - Collaborate closely with FSC to deliver effective treasury services.
- Supply Chain- Collaborate closely with Supply Chain Team in ensuring FX transaction documentation and OTIF settlement of foreign vendors.
- All employees requiring foreign exchange allowable by the CBN
- Treasury Manager
- Degree educated
- Minimum 1-5 years’ experience in an FMCG or similar environment
- Thorough understanding of Accounting principles
- Desirable Requirements:
- Professional qualification ie (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- In depth knowledge / experience in one or more specialist treasury activity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written & oral communication skills
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/486341 to apply for this job .