Reporting Line: Directly to the Chief Executive Officer
The Head, Internal Audit and Control is responsible for audit reviews of administrative, commercial, technical and management processes and systems with a view to ensuring alignment of activities with company. The Head, Internal Audit and Control ensures the implementation of effective controls in all business processes, operations and systems, in order promote transparency and good corporate governance.
Other responsibilities include to;
- Provide independent and objective assurance on the management of risks throughout the organization.
- Report to the Audit Committee at the agreed intervals on Internal Audit assignments including planned reviews, investigations, risk advisory work and any other activity as required.
- Provide advice to management regarding the development of internal audit planning, processes, techniques and best practices in order to improve operational efficiency of the internal audit function.
- Provide the business units, Management, Audit Committee and the Board with advisory services relating to internal and external risk exposure, good governance and best practices in Business Risk Management.
- Oversee and coordinate the preparation and execution of the internal audit plans/programs and ensure adherence to specified timelines and actions.
- Plan, design and implement a robust risk management process for the organization, ensuring there is a system in place to identify and analyze all major risks, on a regular basis.
- Approve and coordinate the conduct of investigations into suspected fraudulent/sharp practices across the organisation and recommend the appropriate line of action in response to findings.
- Express opinion on adequacy and effectiveness of existing and proposed internal controls to manage risks.
- Support business units through promotion of risk awareness, development of risk profiles, mitigation of risks and effective implementation of agreed action plan.
- Lead the company cost containment initiative and perform prepayment audit review for all company expenditures.
- Develop in conjunction with the Information Security Manager and CISO ISMS calendar guiding periodic audit of Information Security Management System.
- Lead Information Security Management System audit and provide management with reports of non-conformities together with Corrective Action Plans.
- Ensure management review of all ISMS audits as a catalyst for continual improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Qualification & Experience
- First degree in a relevant discipline preferably Finance/Accounting/Business Administration.
- Post graduate/relevant professional qualification (CPA, ACA, ACCA) will be an added advantage.
- Seven (7) years’ work experience with at least four (4) years at senior management level.
- Strong analytical and evaluation ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Influencing and negotiation ability
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Very good IT skills and ability to use audit related specialized software such as ACL & Visio
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/486318 to apply for this job .