Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
Chemonics seeks a director of finance and operations for an anticipated multiyear USAID health project in Nigeria. SHARP Nigeria aims to improve the quality and effectiveness of high-impact, evidence-based HIV/AIDS interventions.
The project will focus on governance, access to, and demand for HIV/AIDS and TB services. It will support efficient HIV case identification and linkage to care and treatment; enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; successful suppression of HIV viral loads; specialized services that attract key populations; and increased capacity of the Nigerian government to expand, oversee, and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting
- Liaise with the Nigerian government, stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors
- Write and contribute to project reports and other deliverables
- Master's degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management of large, complex projects with a minimum of eight years in the field of international development
- Experience managing USAID or other donor-funded development programs preferred; familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Demonstrated ability in developing and managing large budgets
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in contract reporting requirements of the U.S. government, particularly the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Experience in Western Africa preferred
- Nigerian nationals highly encouraged to apply
- Fluency in English required
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/486237 to apply for this job .