JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
The principal responsibility of a mason is to ensure masonry works are carried out according to specifications: the right materials, tools and equipment are used for all masonry tools according to the supervisors’ specification.
Key Aims and Objectives:
- Ensure that the supervisor’s work specifications are adhered to in all construction works.
- Should be able to execute leveling of concrete structures according to supervisor’s directive.
- Inspection of repair work, projects, equipment and report to the supervisor.
- Give proper account of material stock in store /laydown and report to the supervisor.
- Assist the supervisor in monitoring supply of materials to ensure that materials supplied are of high quality, for ensuring that works are completed in safe, proper and timely manner.
- Transfer materials, tools and equipment to sites where construction works are carried on.
- Work closely with the iron bender and ensure that work is executed according to supervisor’s specification.
- Assist plumbers in masonry works where required i.e. hydrants, chambers, septic tanks, gutters culverts drains.
- Must possess a minimum of SSCE with 5 years industrial work experience.
- Trade test with industrial work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation and ability to adhere to occupational hazards precautions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Possess ability to use building tools, equipment and materials.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/486169 to apply for this job .