MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
MTN paid $285m for one of four GSM licenses in Nigeria in January 2001. To date, in excess of US$1.8 billion has been invested building mobile telecommunications infrastructure in Nigeria.
- To provide an access point for the company’s Fixed Asset information, thus safeguarding the company’s assets and having control on their movement -generally promoting ownership spirit within the company.
- To develop and implement a strategy that ensures CAPEX is within approved budget and detect any variance.
- Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
- Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
- Develop strategic approach for managing fixed asset in MTNN and design framework to integrate all fixed asset related activities throughout the organization.
- Provide guidance to MTNN management on in preparation and maintenance of strategic plans and fixed asset related accounting standards.
- Coordinate the development, improvement and implementation of internationally compliant policies and procedures regarding accounting and management of MTNN fixed assets.
- Develop and implement strategy that ensures CAPEX is within approved budget and that detect any variance.
- Review strategy for implementation of Reverse logistics process and coordinate the process for obtaining all necessary statutory certification as relates to MTNN fixed assets.
- Establish and implement process for identification and test of impairment indicators on MTNN assets.
- Coordinate periodic review of Asset Retirement Provision assumptions.
- Manage and control fixed asset register to provide precise and dependable information on MTNN fixed assets as well as its verification and audits, duly.
- Develop short and long term strategy for safeguarding MTNN fixed assets and promoting ownership spirit within the company.
- Interface with all internal/external stakeholders and auditors on all issues pertaining to the accounting and management of MTNN fixed assets.
- Coordinate the review and selection of appropriate depreciation methods, useful life and residual value for MTNN fixed assets.
- Ensure conformance of all company’s capital projects to company’s PPP’s on project execution.
- Develop and coordinate process of obtaining all necessary statutory certification as relate to MTNN fixed assets.
- Evaluate efficiency of systems being used in all fixed asset related activities.
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- A first degree in a computer or business related discipline, but a finance related degree is desirable
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA)
- At least 10 years work experience comprising:
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry (i.e. Telecoms / Manufacturing/Oil and Gas) i
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- At least 2 years’ experience in fixed asset management preferably within the within the telecommunication / Manufacturing/Oil and Gas industry
- Experience in working with fixed asset management system and Enterprise Financial System.
- Knowledge of applicable International Accounting standards
- International Financial Reporting Standard
- Asset management in telecommunication industry
- Conversant with telecom equipment
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485956 to apply for this job .