MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
MTN paid $285m for one of four GSM licenses in Nigeria in January 2001. To date, in excess of US$1.8 billion has been invested building mobile telecommunications infrastructure in Nigeria.
- To preserve shareholder value through effective and efficient running of the treasury back office & support and position Treasury at the heart of Strategic business Units of the company
- Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
- Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
- Drive processes to ensure accounting of all treasury transactions on ERP and ensure completeness and accuracy of ledger entries on the ERP dashboard.
- Drive consistent application of MTN credit policy, collections and bad debts write offs across all revenue channels and ensure alignment with Board Approvals,
- Evaluate, develop and implement cash management systems to optimize efficiencies and continually explore opportunities to maximize funds and working capital
- Ensure timely and accurate production and analysis of monthly liquidity measurements, liquidity transfer pricing charges and cash position and advise management on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning
- Maintain in-depth understanding of industry trends relative to treasury risk and loss avoidance.
- Support the GM Treasury in articulating a clear and compelling vision and translate strategy into a roadmap for success for Treasury Operations, insurance and Credit management
- Manage the value chain that supports the settlements of third party obligations
- Coordinate the administration of MTNN’s insurance policies and advise management accordingly
- Ensure compliance with all exchange control processes, monetary processes and international trade policies
- Establish appropriate treasury operations and credit management policies and procedures and ensure continuous review and update of the unit's PPPs as changing conditions warrant and the business grows
- Ensure timely preparation of board papers
- Develop short/Medium term strategy for the Treasury Operations, Credit and Insurance functions in MTNN
- A first degree in a finance, Banking or accounting related discipline
- A professional accounting, credit and Insurance qualification
- Advanced degree (MBA) or ACCA, CIMA, IRM
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- 10 years’ work experience which includes the following:
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Understanding of risk management practices, financial market instruments and regulatory requirements in a Commercial bank/ Multinational Telecoms company and insurance Company
- Treasury Operations and Insurable risk management
- Knowledge in Back office support for a corporate Treasury
- Knowledge about Credit management and administration
- Extensive experience in liquidity management and accounts payable settlement
- Knowledge of investment portfolio strategy, banking, and financial instruments.
- General knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements for investments and other financial instruments.
- Treasury, Financial controls and management
- Financial markets and investment grade instruments
- Foreign exchange, swaps, derivatives and options
- Banking operations and Trade financing
- Conversant with up to date treasury products, policies and accounting rules
- Understanding of IFRS and Sarbanes Oxley Act, King 3
- Basel III regulations and provisions
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485955 to apply for this job .