Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-profit, non-political and non religious humanitarian NGO. Its objective is to bring about a global response to the basic needs of populations suffering from acute humanitarian crisis and to allow them to recover their autonomy and dignity.
Today, PU-AMI is intervening in 22 countries to cover the needs of populations affected by conflict, natural disasters or economic crises.
PUI in Nigeria implements emergency and recovery projects in different sectors.
Under the direct supervision of: Admin, HR & Finance base Manager
Supervision of: Housekeeper, cook
Under the overall supervision of: Field Coordinator
The HR Officer is responsible for helping in the Finance & Administrative base Manager in the treatment of the tasks related to the HR, the general administration, the flight management or the liaison with the fiscal and administrative authorities follow directly by the Administrative Department.
Responsibilities and tasks
HR administration & follow-up:
- To prepare and/or gather supporting documents related to the administrative file of each national employee: ID card or other identification document (driving license, voter’s card, etc.) copies, PUI Nigeria administrative information form, certificates, etc.;
- To prepare working contracts (new recruitments, contract extensions or renewals) and ensure each national employee is aware of contract terms and conditions;
- To prepare end of contract documents;
- To forward updates, regarding all national employee and their contract terms (dates, position, monthly allowance);
- Maintain the employee's personnel file;
- Updating the HR databases.( New employee - starting/ending date contract);
- To follow the evaluation/appraisals deadlines and inform the managers accordingly;
- To record the minutes of meetings when asked by superiors;
- To manage the housekeeping staff;
- To post the advertisement for the vacancies.
- Collecting the CVs and sending it to the concerned parties.
- Preparing a time schedule for the test and interviews
- Following the test and the interview process
- To ensure that all the recruitment documents and resumes received are available and archived
- To prepare the integration of any new employee (contract, ToR, document to bring etc.)
- To print salary /payment sheets at the end of each month and ensure it is signed by local/field staff.
- Follow up to send and receive the payment sheet from /to the staff in the governments
- To file and archive the general administration documents (renting contracts, MoUs, etc.)
- Confirm employees attendance at the office through the proper keeping of attendance tracking forms;
- To be involved in the preparation logistics for travels: booking hotel, air ticket …);
- Perform others tasks related to the administrative administration of the Office.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs. The employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her Line Manager may judge necessary.
- Language skills: Fluent in English, Hausa and Kanuri
- Education degree: University degree in Human Recourses or related field.
- Work experience: Minimum 1 year experience in a similar position (NGOs/private companies)
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel
- Strong motivation to help people in needs
- Management/capacity building
- Well organized
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485696 to apply for this job .