Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Deputy Logistics Coordinator supports the Logistics Coordinator. He is responsible for overseeing and leadership the logistics team in the absence of the logistics coordinator.
- Support the Logistics Coordinator.
- Oversee the supply chain and management of equipment and share it with the Logistics Coordinator.
- Provide ongoing support to programs at Capital and bases level.
- Ensure administrative tasks.
- Participate in recruitment within the logistics department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics & supply chain management / any technical field preferred.
- Master’s degree is desirable.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years in the humanitarian/development sector.
- Minimum 3 years of managerial experience in Logistics.
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills; approachable, diplomatic, able to maintain confidentiality; able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs.
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.
- Fluent in basic IT and networking technology.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485693 to apply for this job .