To review all internal processes, systems and policies and make recommendations to ensure the risk to the business is minimised with a view to delivering improvements by advising, coaching and facilitating in order to not undermine the responsibility of management.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual and audit plan
- Conduct risk assessment of all departments
- Reports risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified directly to the ED and Company Board and provides recommendations for improving the organisation's operations.
- Evaluate compliance with existing company policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed . Identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and engage in continuous education and staff development re best practices .
- Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented and ensure that all action items are resolved
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures .
- Evaluate regulatory compliance program.
- Evaluate the organisation's readiness in case of business interruption
- provides support to the company's anti-fraud programs.
All other duties as reasonably requested
Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- Educated to degree level in a related field or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years experience in accounting, finance, auditing or Business Management in a rapidly growing business
- Experience in writing internal policies and procedures and process evaluation and documentation
- A demonstrated knowledge of internal controls
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to address issues and effect change
- Ability to demonstrate a professional and objective perspective at all times
Capable of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment .
Excellent commercial and financial awareness
A 'can-do' attitude and resilient character with the ability to manage expectations
The flexibility and independence to work in a changing environment. Ability to work independently
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485377 to apply for this job .