Minimum of HND/B.Sc. in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline.
Experience 3 to 5 years working experience in Finance and Account Department in a medium sized organization
The NIS is looking for an investment professional to support its capital deployment activities in the role of Investment Officer.
This role will report to the Director of Investments of NIS.
The role will be based in Nigeria,
The individual would participate in all aspects of the business including identifying potential transactions, underwriting and structuring of equity and debt investments, evaluating the business environment in target , evaluating the skills and skill gaps of potential entrepreneurs, assisting in portfolio monitoring efforts, and preparing presentations for internal and external parties.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Originating, screening and structuring investment opportunities in line with NIS priorities.
- Managing all stages of investment execution.
- Researching competitive position, market size and industry dynamics.
- Collaborating with colleagues and partners inside and outside the Open Society Foundations, other thematic programs, regional programs and foundations, and the many other departments, units, boards.
- Remaining up-to-date on the trends, debates, and innovations in the fields of economic development and social-impact investing, and maintaining familiarity with the individuals and organizations that play significant roles in those fields.
- The successful candidate will ideally have a strong track record, at least 3 to 5 years, in transaction execution, including successfully handling all stages of an investment.
- They will combine multiple critical skills: substantive experience in identifying, evaluating, structuring, negotiating and documenting both debt and equity investments, deep knowledge of at least one emerging market region, strong diplomatic skills and a naturally collaborative approach.
- They must come from an investing background and have exceptional diplomatic skills as well as experience of working with and through peers in complex and uncertain stakeholder environments.
- In addition, they should have an understanding of and passion for economic development, and potentially, but not essentially, some experience in impact investing and/or economic development. Interest and intellectual engagement at the intersection of investing and economic development, as well as in the other themes prominent in the mission and work of the Open Society Foundations, will be a great advantage.
- The successful candidate will be an excellent writer and speaker in English.
- Proficiency in other languages will be an advantage, as will skills as being a facilitator or presenter.
- They must have demonstrated skills as a team player and process manager.
- The candidate will be expected to manage responsibilities across substantial distances and collaborate internationally.
- The candidate must also have a demonstrated ability to work across organisations to influence other.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485376 to apply for this job .