Specifically the accountant:
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information from incomplete records.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports from incomplete records.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial, legal, pension, tax, health and other statutory requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Liaises with fund providers such as banks, investment firms to prepare funding documentation and facilitate business finance for our clients.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, ICAN Rules, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills
- Bsc or HND in accounting or finance, ICAN or equivalent certification will be an added advantage.
- 1-3 years’ experience in providing accounting services to SMEs.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485209 to apply for this job .