The World Health Organization (WHO) is the United Nations' agency for health.
WHO has 147 country offices and six regional offices. The headquarters is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
Objectives Of The Programme:
The objective of the EPI programme is to support national authorities to provide high quality immunization services that will contribute to (a) the reduction of mortality, morbidity and disability from vaccine preventable diseases through the optimum use of available and new vaccines and (b) the strengthening of national health systems as well as efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals.
Description Of Duties
- Under the overall guidance of the WHO Country Representative and direct supervision from the EPI Team Leader, the incumbent will be working closely with the government counterparts at different levels in the Ministry of Health in support of the following specific EPI activities:
- Provide technical expertise in planning and monitoring of integrated disease surveillance and response activities.
- Provide technical expertise in effective planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of supplemental immunization activities (e.g. polio, measles, etc.) to improve quality.
- Provide technical expertise in planning, implementation and monitoring of routine immunization activities to increase coverage.
- Provide guidance and training on planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, using SIAs, routine immunization and surveillance data to drive programme decisions
- Establish a reporting network to strengthen AFP surveillance
- Monitoring the completeness and timeliness of surveillance reports
- Participate with other partners in identifying and advocating to influential community leaders to ensure programme ownership and community participation
- Support in timely compilation and submission of periodic and incidental program progress reports.
- Support efforts to strengthen partnership and advocacy as well as mobilize resources aimed at improving performance of immunization activities
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Essential: University Degree in Medicine (MBBS, MBChB, MD) from recognized institution
- Desirable: Post graduate degree in Public Health preferably in epidemiology or other related public health fields
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues at national and international levels;
- Ability to provide leadership, monitor progress and design studies;
- Fully conversant in word-processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, epidemiological (Epiifo) and mapping software.
- Producing results;
- Fostering integration and teamwork;
- Ensuring the effective use of resources;
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond;
- Promoting WHO's position in health leadership
- Essential: At least seven years public health experience including two years field experience in planning, training and implementation of EPI activities
Desirable: Technical expertise in public health, epidemiology, disease control and immunization
Essential: Excellent knowledge of English
Desirable: Knowledge of the other UN languages
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485181 to apply for this job .