We are an indigenous company, positioned as a preferred Marine Logistics/ Maritime Security Service Provider, recognized for safe, reliable, prompt, efficient and quality service delivery for the market and communities we serve in.
The Safety Officer assists in the implementation, coordinating of the company’s health, safety and environmental management system.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct pre-operational risk assessments and design risk mitigation measures.
- Develop all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the HSE Management System to be compliant with ISO 9001/ 2008 standards, including corrective and preventive measures.
- Provide HSE improvement proposals stating: the non-conformance, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and plan of implementation.
- Investigate the root cause HSE complaints put forward by staff members, customers, clients and contractors and report the result to the QHSE manager.
- Follow up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensures that any certification requirements are complied with.
- Coordinate and participate in the investigation of accidents and near misses
- Ensure regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency. Maintains records of such drills, providing recommendations for emergency response improvements;
- Supervises the regular inspection of fire fighting, safety and emergency response equipment.
- Assist in developing and implementing field location emergency response procedures and evacuation plans.
- Ensure that operations employees, contractors and visitors receive HSE inductions for field operations.
- Responsible for preparing written weekly and monthly HSE reports, statistics and presentations related to HSE performance
Communication Proficiency, Customer/Client Focus, Learning Orientation, Personal Effectiveness/Credibility, Teamwork Orientation.
- 5 to 7 years’ work experience in Health, Safety and Environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher national diploma in Engineering, occupational health, environmental science environmental safety.
- A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety (NEBOSH) is mandatory.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
This position has no supervision responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485168 to apply for this job .