We are an indigenous company, positioned as a preferred Marine Logistics/ Maritime Security Service Provider, recognized for safe, reliable, prompt, efficient and quality service delivery for the market and communities we serve in.
The Security Coordinator serves as a specialist in the development, implementation and administration of internal facility security functions including maintaining customer security requirements. This role analyzes security documents and manuals as the company’s designated security officer and maintains appropriate levels of controls.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ship security plan (SSP) along with ship security assessment (SSA), play an important role in ensuring the security of the ship. The company security officer is responsible for carrying out the ship security plan in an efficient manner.
- Using the data acquired from the ship security assessment (SSA), the company security officer would advise on various threats which are likely to been countered by the ship and would also decide the ship security level
- The company security officer (CSO) would arrange for internal audits and reviews of security activities.
- On the basis of various observations and results from the ship security assessment, the company security officer would make developments in the ship’s security plan.
- He would also seek for the approval to the submissions made on the basis of the results of the assessments
- He would also modify the ship security plan to get rid of deficiencies in the security measures and to satisfy security requirements of each ship. Thereafter, he would ensure that the plan is implemented and maintained in the best possible manner.
- Company security officer would take measures to enhance security awareness and vigilance in his staff and also among ship personnel
- He would also arrange for the initial and subsequent verifications of the ship by the administration or the recognized security organization
- He would ensure that adequate training is provided to those responsible for the security of the ship
- Incased eficiencies and non-conformities are found during internal audits, periodic reviews, security inspections and verification of compliance, the security officer would address and deal with them to the earliest
- He would ensure consistency between security requirements and safety requirements of the ship
- He would see to it that an effective communication and cooperation between the ship security officer and relevant port facility security officer is maintained
- In case security plan of a sister ship or fleet security system is used, he would make sure that the plan for each ship would reflect the ship-specific information accurately
- Company security officer would also ensure that the alternative, equivalent arrangement for safety of each ship is implemented and maintained
Problem Solving/Analysis, Communication Proficiency, Ethical Conduct, Customer/Client Focus, Stress Management/Composure, Thoroughness, Technical Capacity.
5 to 7 years’ work experience in Security Management System, Maritime Security or other related fields.
A Diploma or Degree in Security Management System, Maritime Security or other related fields
Graduate of Nigerian Defense Academy
Certification in Security Management
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484949 to apply for this job .