We are an indigenous company, positioned as a preferred Marine Logistics/ Maritime Security Service Provider, recognized for safe, reliable, prompt, efficient and quality service delivery for the market and communities we serve in.
The Finance Officer is responsible for computing, classifying and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate. The Finance Officer also performs routine financial calculations and general ledger duties. The bookkeeper may also check the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees.
Duties and responsibilities
- Operates computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
- Checks figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
- Classifies, records and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debits, credits and totals accounts in computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Receives, records and banks cash, checks and vouchers.
- Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Codes documents according to company procedures.
- Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records
Financial Management, Ethical Conduct, Thoroughness.
- 1 to 3 years’ previous experience
- Higher national diploma or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration
- A professional accounting qualifications is considered as a strong advantage
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
This position has no supervision responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484942 to apply for this job .