We are an indigenous company, positioned as a preferred Marine Logistics/ Maritime Security Service Provider, recognized for safe, reliable, prompt, efficient and quality service delivery for the market and communities we serve in.
The Manager, HR & Administration performs human resources-related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, labour relations and performance management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the agency’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyses data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; maintaining records.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follows-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Interviews, screens and recruits job applicants to fill entry-level, professional and technical job openings.
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Human Resources Capacity, Customer/Client Focus, Ethical Conduct, Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- 5 to 7 years’ work experience in Business Administration functions or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree, Higher National Diploma or Masters in any Business Administration discipline
- Human Resource related certifications is an added advantage.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of all employees in Human resource and Administration department.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484938 to apply for this job .