Nexleaf Analytics is a nonprofit technology company located in Los Angeles, California, USA. We develop and support affordable wireless sensor devices for critical public health and environmental interventions around the world Partnering with leading institutions such as Google, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Qualcomm, the World Bank, and Vodafone Americas Foundation, Nexleaf helps deliver safe vaccines to over 6 million children and connect 1,000 rural homes with mobile money payments for reducing carbon emissions through cleaner cooking in 7 countries, including India, Mozambique, and Kenya.
About the Position:
We seek an independent contractor to oversee two projects in Nigeria in improved cookstove usage and clean energy sector, and in the health sector & cold chain management. Candidate must have a Bachelors degree and proven experience in rolling out a program across thousands of sites. Experience in rural areas is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Nexleaf will have two projects in Nigeria. The Regional Coordinator will need to manage her/his time to meet the responsibilities in each project. Below is a quick summary of the projects and the duties associated with it.
StoveTrace enables real-time monitoring of cookstoves. StoveTrace combines robust wireless sensors with powerful cloud based analytics to collect data on improved cookstove usage and facilitate data-driven decision making and responsive interventions. Nexleaf is taking StoveTrace to Nigeria this winter, and looking for a Regional Coordinator to provide technical support and customer service to partners in the following way:
- Provide on-site trainings to partners about the StoveTrace product, installation and troubleshooting
- Respond to partners’ questions and requests about the project remotely over the phone or email, or in person
- Communicate regularly with Nexleaf staff about project status and progress in the field
- Manage multiple cases at a time and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to address all issues
- Handle import and export of materials, testing and kitting of sensors, and maintain real-time inventory of equipment.
- ColdTrace is a wireless remote temperature monitoring (RTM) solution designed for vaccine refrigerators in rural clinics and health facilities. Regional Coordinator will provide technical support and customer service to partners in the following way:
- Provide on-site trainings to partners and users about sensors installation and monitoring
- Set up a central service center to manage service support for our devices
- Travel to sites regularly to ensure quality of implementation
- Track project priorities and project planning metrics
- Form and maintain relationships with partners and sub-contractors
- Bachelors's degree
- Extensive Project management experience (at least 5 years)
- Experience of field-work in Nigeria
- MS Office (especially Excel) and project management software
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing)
- Instructional materials production (i.e. generating training manuals)
- Public speaking skills for attending conferences and workshops
- Additional experience preferred:
- Impact-driven program roll-out and operations, preferably with a government entity
- Supply chain management and logistics
- Deployment of goods or services in rural Nigeria
- Leading training sessions and workshops
- We seek a candidate with proven experience and the ability to anticipate problems and identify solutions. This position requires the skill and temperament to address any potential conflicts with contracting or partner organizations with level-headedness, as well as a commitment to fairness, honesty, and respect in professional relationships.
- The executive team is based in California, USA (Pacific Standard Time), so the candidate should be comfortable with various modes of communication (e.g.Skype, Gmail, Whatsapp) as well as the time difference when getting on calls/meetings.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484920 to apply for this job .