- Support the strengthening of national nutrition initiatives, including the development of national government policies related to nutrition as well as nutrition strategies, action plans, protocols and guidelines in line with the SUN Movement and international guidance and current evidence.
- Work with staff in procurement, logistics, finance, other programme units and other divisions to ensure effective design and delivery of WFP nutrition programming.
- Prepare accurate and timely reporting and learning, contributing to a knowledge base that
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them on more complex analysis and queries.
- Contribute to emergency preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations on contingency planning, risk analysis and early warning related to nutrition risks.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required
University degree (Master’s or above) in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition, Food Technology, Medicine or other related/relevant field.
- At least Five (1-3) years of progressively responsible professional post graduate experience, including at least 1 year of international experience.
- Experience conducting nutritional assessments, analysing data, and drafting recommendations for program implementation.
- Experience with coordinating donor and inter-agency collaboration.
- Experience developing and implementing nutritional policies and guidelines, and notably for nutrition-specific interventions in emergency, recovery and development contexts.
- Excellent professional communication skills, verbal and written; with experience in writing proposals and preparing high level reports.
- Experience with designing and implementing nutrition specific and culturally sensitive activities.
- Experience with providing technical assistance and capacity building, preferably with Government counterparts
- Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of and ability to apply recent developments in nutrition.
- Ability to provide technical assistance to governments and directly implement evidence-base nutrition policies and programs.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484512 to apply for this job .