The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are seeking to fill Human Resources Associate posts at G6 level, based in WFP Nigeria, Maiduguri Area Office (1 post) and Abuja Country Office (1 post). If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you!
Under the supervision and guidance of the HR Officer Officer, the HR Associate will deliver a full range of HR support services to ensure accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Allocate responsibilities and support on-the-job learning and development of junior support staff, to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services.
- Identify evolving needs of the organisation and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures, to support improvements in HR services.
- Analyse and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well-informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
- Review and compile a variety of data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, workforce, etc., to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Support activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Support and deliver on boarding for new staff joining WFP, to ensure that relevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service are explained and understood.
- Prepare a range of complex HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer/separation letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards
- Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions including preparation of reports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
- Other as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required for the Job
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Completion of University degree is an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant support experience is required in the following:
- Has gained experience of WFP HR Services operating standards across a range of international humanitarian contexts.
- Has provided training to new staff members within area of expertise and supported with ad-hoc queries.
- Has prepared a range or reports and visual materials on the workforce composition.
- Has interpreted and applied detailed knowledge of HR policies, operational processes, best practices and regulations within a complex organisational context.
- Has coordinated recruitments demonstrating in-depth knowledege of talent acquisition solutions.
- Knowledge of UN rules and regulations is an added advantage.
Fluency (level C) in English language.
Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
Terms and Conditions
Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484501 to apply for this job .