The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide.
WFP is seeking qualified individuals with experience working in culturally sensitive and complex environments often in remote areas.
- Coordinate planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities on effectiveness of all food assistance interventions (e.g. beneficiary needs and status, food security status, programme modalities, implementation challenges, etc.).
- Review and give technical feedback on monitoring and evaluation plans for new programmes and budget revisions to ensure that plans are risk-based and focus on measuring results (e.g. checking monitoring and evaluation budgets are allocated and appropriate log-frame indicators and outcome targets are documented).
- Contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to programme interventions and to enhance WFPs ability to demonstrate outcome focussed results.
- Produce frequent monitoring and evaluation progress reports with status of results and implementation of improvements.
- Follow-up on monitoring and evaluation findings to ensure that corrective actions are taken and/or adjustments are made to programme responses as required.
- Represent WFP (e.g. at inter-agency meetings with other NGOs and government agencies) to exchange knowledge and experience, promote the importance of monitoring and evaluation and build partnerships that enhance inter-agency monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Manage junior staff members providing coaching and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Train national and partner staff in appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques to build capacity of staff, increase awareness on the importance of monitoring and evaluation and encourage accountability for demonstrating results.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners to strengthen the quality and consistency of monitoring and evaluation activities in the field.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners to strengthen the data quality, accuracy and consistency to build credible performance evidence.
- Provide monitoring and evaluation findings and recommendations to support performance planning and risk analysis, emergency preparedness, security risk management and risk mitigation activities.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced University degree in Sociology, Social Development, Development Economics or Performance Management or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience is required in the following:
- Led effective monitoring and evaluation processes across multiple countries or at the global level.
- Developed a high-performing team and managed effective monitoring and evaluation operations at a country level.
- Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods and ability to guide others in selecting them.
- Broad knowledge of diverse evaluation practices, concepts, and principles.
- Broad knowledge of internal and external best practices and partnerships to develop and implement optimal evaluation arrangements.
- Ability to assimilate and analyse complex issues using independent judgement and guide other staff in their analysis.
- Ability to define and adapt an evaluation function to support and align with WFP’s strategic goals and monitoring systems.
- International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484289 to apply for this job .