Project Accountant/Finance Officer (Based in Abuja)
The project accountant position is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, reviewing expenses, and ensuring that project disbursements are made as at when due and funds receipts acknowledgements are received.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create project accounts in the accounting system(QuickBooks)
- Maintain project-related records, including that of sub-grantees
- Process the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts
- Ensure timely review of the quarterly financial reports in relation to the programme reports.
- Prepare Funds forecast and request to donor.
- Ensure proper, adequate and timely filing of financial documentation.
- Maintain a relationship with the bankers of the project.
- Review budgets related to projects
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management through Chief Accountant
- Supervise preparation of relevant reports and analysis of project (e.g. monthly management account, bank reconciliation, debtor schedules etc)
- Participate in periodic financial monitoring
- Provide technical support and develop the skills of non- finance staff on financial management.
- Support in ensuring that mandatory deductions are made and timely remitted to relevant agencies.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree or HND in accounting or finance and ACA/ACCA/CPA, a post graduate qualification in relevant discipline is an added advantage.
- S/he must have a minimum of three years’ work experience as an accountant in the developmental field.
- Proven knowledge of standard accounting software such as QuickBooks.
- Five (5) years minimum experience is required for candidates without a post graduate degree
Additional Skills Required
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work well within a team with minimal supervision
- Skilled at planning, handling multiple and complex financial tasks with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Prior middle management/supervisory work experience
- Proven skills in training and developing staff.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in implementing financial and administrative control systems
- Expertise and familiarity in management and accounting practices.
- Willing to work additional hours and ability to respond to issues within short notice.
Method of Application:
A one page application letter, addressed to the National Program Coordinator, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job, current remuneration, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address should be sent by email.
The subject of your application should read the position you are applying for, the location, and your name and, e.g. State Program Officer(Kebbi) – Musa Bola Obi
All applications must be received by 12 midnight on 23rd September, 2016. All applications must be sent via e-mail to the address shown above. No surface mails or telephone calls will be entertained.
Do note that any candidate with multiple submissions will be disqualified.
Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484238 to apply for this job .