MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- To plan and manage the distribution of data products through direct and indirect sales channels
- To define, develop and ensure sales of data bundles/packages as well as devices
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative, capital/budget efficiency activities within the Unit, contracts review and negotiation in collaboration with the Procurement team, structural changes within the Unit etc.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing stakeholders within your immediate ecosystem for MTNN’s benefit. This includes participation in credible external think-tank sessions, involvement in inter-divisional focus Group sessions to improve business performance etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, think-tank activities etc.
- Role model the vital behaviours needed to sustain organisational performance and drive people management activities by being the principal coach for your direct reports using the people management framework. Participate in employee engagement projects such as mentorship, facilitating programs, etc. In addition, support recruitment, on boarding and grievance management processes etc.
- Identify and develop a robust pipeline of prospects within the strategic accounts which are systematically qualified, whilst managing the decision-making process within the account to ensure sales opportunities are closed.
- Develop compelling business cases for investment within relevant verticals, to assist in clearly identifying return on investment and risk.
- Drive the integration of channel strategy with overall Sales & Distribution strategy, develop action plans for achieving targets and ensure effective execution of plans.
- Review and analyse channel operations and performance and ensure effective utilization of channels through optimum product availability and distribution within sales channels.
- Develop criteria for evaluating potential and existing distribution channels, define performance criteria for dealers and allocate volume targets per sub-region as well as target guidelines for data bundles with respect t network availability.
- Research market and competition to provide insight on market trends with respect to products and identify new opportunities for sales and revenue and maintain a prospect list per region for target marketing.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organizational development.
- Conduct research and trend analysis of market and competition in order to prescribe the necessary demographic split in terms of resources, terminals and sims and identify new opportunities for sales and revenue.
- Develop and drive enforcement of operational guidelines for direct sales team.
- Monitor and prepare periodic report on channel profitability, data bundles and sales performance trend and generate periodic channel assessment reports for channel performance review.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- First degree in any related discipline
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in sales or marketing management portfolio.
- Experience in financial management and profitability of SME.
- Basic GSM
- IFS fundamentals
- Minimum Qualification
- BA, BEd, BSc or HND.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484058 to apply for this job .