Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality.
CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
Technical Leadership and Assistance:
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the assessment, planning and implementation of capacity strengthening activities for PEPFAR OVC IPs related to agriculture, food security, and agricultural livelihoods; in collaboration with PEPFAR OVC IPs, HES Technical Director and Organizational Capacity Strengthening Technical Advisor ensure alignment with PEPFAR guidance and appropriateness for targeted households.
- Ensure that agriculture/agricultural livelihoods related activities are appropriately planned and costed in all State and IF sustainability plans.
- Lead the design and development of capacity strengthening of strategies, approaches and tools to support PEPFAR OVC IPs and their partner CSO/CBOs in the area of agricultural livelihoods.
- Support PEPFAR OVC IPs to identify and/or design growth opportunities and capitalize on market opportunities in the areas of livelihood security.
- Provide mentorship and technical assistance to relevant PEPFAR OVC IP and CSO/CBO staff in the areas of agricultural livelihoods and value chain development including market opportunity identification, value-addition, strengthening of producer groups for collective marketing (agriculture/livestock/fisheries), and supporting linkages to the private sector including input suppliers, traders, wholesalers and retailers to PEPFAROVC IF and CSO/CBO staff.
- Provide technical assistance to PEPFAR OVC IFs to enhance household food security by increasing yields and reducing post-harvest losses. This may include the promotion of improved agricultural techniques, access to improved varieties, crop diversification and introduction of appropriate technology to reduce post-harvest losses.
- Support PEPFAR OVC IFs in the training of producer groups and organization of seed and tool fairs; as well as the recruitment and training of community animal health workers, as needed.
- Develop Scopes of Work for short-term technical assistance/consultants in the area of agriculture, food security and agricultural livelihoods; support PEPFAR OVC IPs in the same.
- Development and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including ministries at the
- National, State and LGA levels, research institutions/universities, veterinary services, input suppliers, business development service providers, local entrepreneurs, traders, wholesalers and retailers key government; support PEPFAR OVC IFs to forge relationships with these stakeholders as needed to improve agriculture, food security and agricultural livelihoods programming provided by CSO/CBOs for targeted households.
- Participate in cluster technical working groups and meetings to ensure technical assistance provided to PEPFAR OVC IPs is up-to-date and aligns with industry standards. Represent4Children Nigeria to donors and relevant government ministries.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to IPs on the use and adoption of the latest tools and methodologies in all aspects of project management related to agriculture and livelihoods, including monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) systems.
- Document project results and impacts in various forms, including media stories, lessons learned, case studies, client satisfaction, etc.
- Provide inputs to 4 Children Nigeria annual planning, monitoring, reporting and budgeting processes.
Required qualifications and Skills
- Master's degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Crop/Animal Science or relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5÷ years of experience in management of agriculture production and/or value-chain activities in developing countries, particularly in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing agriculture projects in rural and pen-urban settings.
- Demonstrated experience in training design, delivery and mentoring in subject matter relevant to this position.
- Experience the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of sustainable agriculture, food security, agricultural value-chain development (linking producers to markets) programming.
- Previous experience carrying out and using the results of technical capacity assessments in the areas of agricultural production, value-chain development, food security and related fields.
- Knowledge and experience in pastoralist systems, livestock and fisheries management, a plus.
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/483952 to apply for this job .