The Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria promotes best practices in health care delivery and research using locally-adapted models of health systems strengthening. The organization provides comprehensive HIV care and treatment services to more than 30,000 HIV infected persons through health facilities and community organizations in Enugu, Ebonyi and Imo States.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Project Director for an upcoming Center for Disease Control funded health program in Nigeria.
The incumbent will be responsible for the overall execution of a CDC funded HIV prevention, care and treatment (comprehensive services) project in Nigeria.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for technical, programmatic and financial deliverables of the project, in accordance to policies of the funders and the Government of Nigeria
- Develop and ensure smooth working relationships with the Federal Ministry of Health, CDC, as well as other USG implementing partners, private sector partners and other key stakeholders to maximize resources, coordinate activities and avoid duplication of effort.
- Explore working relationships with funding agencies, organizations and stakeholders to create linkages that have potential benefits for effective implementation of the award.
- Track project accomplishments and institute timely corrective actions to meet targets.
- Track project expenditure pattern and ensure ethical programmatic and financial operations.
- Ensure timely reporting for all technical and financial requirements to the funders and allied parties.
- Provide appropriate representation of CCCRN and its activities to funders at meetings and relevant events.
- Provide leadership for project work plans according to project plans and expectation of CDC and Government of Nigeria.
- Support sustainability plans for the project.
- Lead and inspire the project team towards better productivity.
- This post is suited for Medical Doctors with a Master’s degree in Public Health, administration or a related field. Fellowship of National or West African Postgraduate Medical College will be an advantage.
- Proven track record of leading and managing USG supported public health programs and budgets in developing countries: HIV projects preferable.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in designing, implementing and evaluating public health programs.
- Ability to build capacity and collaboration between governmental and non-governmental partners and other project implementers.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send a one page suitability statement with current Resume in Microsoft word format. Both documents should be put together as one document and sent in as a single attachment by Friday the 23rd of September 2016. Please indicate the position you are applying for on the subject line of your email.
Note only successful candidates will be invited for the interview.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/483808 to apply for this job .