Our client an international School which runs a hybrid of British, Nigerian IB Curriculum programme and is located in the heart of Abuja requires for immediate employment the service of a competent and well experienced Head of English Department
Provide excellent teaching and learning for GCSE English and support the raising of standards in accordance with the corporate aims and strategic objectives of the organisation. The post holder is likely to be asked to teach some Functional skills classes in addition to GCSE English
- To deliver high quality and inclusive English teaching and learning.
- To prepare relevant course/subject materials.
- To use a variety of delivery methods that will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and the demands of the syllabus/course.
- To support the curriculum management on curriculum and course development.
- Develop resources, support teaching programmes and deliver on a number of courses as required.
- To support the achievement of annual targets for learner retention and success rates.
- Provide excellent assessment feedback in accordance with examination requirements
- To conduct teaching/learning activities appropriate to the needs of individual learners, course and the curriculum, keeping attendance records and maintaining student discipline.
- To provide accurate and timely formative assessment and feedback to learners, and maintain assessment records, including tracking and reporting of learner progress in line with college policy
- To offer advice, support and guidance on delivery to lecturers on all aspects of the GCSE specifications.
- To provide active support to individual learners
- To contribute to curriculum developments including the embedding of English and English into the curriculum.
- To contribute to specialist project teams as necessary in curriculum centres or across college and to disseminate information from such work
- To participate in appropriate programme and course team meetings to ensure contributions to individual learning programmes and maximise achievement opportunities for learners.
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in the curriculum, courses and teaching practices and keep course material. To keep abreast of developments within own areas of expertise and to keep course material up to date to reflect the requirements of the business and the examining/validating bodies.
- Work to promote and apply the organisation’s safeguarding policy and practices.
- Carry out any duties at all times in accordance with the organization’s policies including the Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety policies.
- Incorporate into the role the philosophy, values and behaviour stated in the school’s mission and strategic plan.
- Undertake any other responsibilities commensurate with the grade of the post, which may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Participating in Continuous Professional Development activities
- Maintaining awareness of, and acting in accordance with, the provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Fulfilling other duties, as may reasonably be required from time to time, including evenings, parents’ evenings and College events
- Degree in English Language or any related field
- A track record of successful delivery of English GCSE
- 5 to 7 years cognate experience
- Strong commitment to team working.
- Experience of young people and related issues.
- Awareness of, and a commitment to, the promotion of equal opportunities and the recognition of diversity.
- Administration of GCSE English assessments procedures Knowledge of Edexcel/Pearson specification
- The ability to plan and deliver imaginative and motivational sessions with a clear focus on the needs of the individual learner.
- An understanding of different learning styles and how to differentiate through various teaching methods.
- Ability to motivate self and learners
- Work effectively with wide range of staff and students and have an ability to build successful working relationships with appropriate curriculum teams
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, both with young people and a wide range of professionals, both within the establishment and in the community.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- We are looking to engage someone who can:
- Establish and maintain good relationships with colleagues, learners and parents
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Deal effectively and non-confrontationally with learners and staff
- Positively influence others
- Listen actively
- Motivate and engage with colleagues
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/483784 to apply for this job .