Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality.
CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
- Under the supervision of the HES Technical Director, carry out the 4 Children HES/Food Security activities at the zonal level, working closely with IPs to ensure adherence to accepted technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines and regulations.
- Support the implementation and analysis. of an HES technical capacity assessment and improvement plan development; coordinate with the Sustainability/Capacity Strengthening Technical Specialist to ensure plans are integrated and harmonized with other capacity strengthening initiatives.
- Provide capacity building and mentorship to OVC IPs with a focus on implementation and management of community-based savings groups, OVC-optimized financial education, market assessment and opportunity identification, value addition along identified value-chains based, entrepreneurship, and micro-enterprise management based on assessed IP capacity:
- Lead and/or co-facilitate trainings of trainers/trainings in prioritized areas of HES and food security in collaboration with the HES Technical Director, Agriculture Technical Specialist, CRS Master Trainers, and IP counterparts.
- Conduct joint supportive supervision with IP counterparts to CSOs to ensure adherence to guidelines and maintain program quality standards.
- Collaborate with Case Management/Linkages Technical Specialist to ensure to ensure household care plans incorporate economic and food security considerations, motivate and promote household graduation.
- Support IPs to develop linkages with relevant government, civil society/project and private sector actors in within their operational areas.
- Collaborate with Advocacy Technical Specialist on issues pertaining to HES and food security e.g., domestication of social protection policies and programs.
- For household not yet ready to graduate, support IPs and CSOs to transition households to other programs, especially emerging government social protection initiatives.
- Identify promising practices in HES and food security to document and share across OVC IPs. Collaborate with other sector leads, consortium partners and government ministries to ensure effective HES and food security programming and harmonization.
- Ensure a culture of accountability and learning ‘through regular monitoring to project Sites, providing oversight of studies and assessments and proper documentation of tools and to contribute to learning and building the evidence around effective household economic strengthening and food security programming.
- Document project results and impacts in various forms, including media Stories, promising practices, lessons learned, case studies, client satisfaction, etc.
- Support the Senior Zonal State Coordinator and HES Technical Director by provide timely inputs to 4Children Nigeria annual planning, monitoring, reporting and budgeting processes.
- Master's degree in Development Studies, Agricultural Economics, Economics, Business Administration, International Relations or a closely related field.
- Three to five years’ professional field experience in urban and rural economic strengthening/livelihoods.
- Experience in savings led microfinance and financial education programming.
- Experience in market assessment and opportunity identification, using a value-chain approach for resourced constrained populations.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans with diverse teams.
- Experience working in partnership with both international and local NGO partners.
- Capacity to work closely with, understand, and support partners both government and faith-based organizations.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal, cross -cultural and training/facilitation/mentoring skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiarity with using household vulnerability assessment tools and SAVEX a plus.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/483754 to apply for this job .