Swap Consulting - Our client is a leading Internet Service Provider with head office in Victoria Island, Lagos, and branches across Nigeria. As a result of business expansion they seek qualified candidates to fill this role
- Ability to conduct site surveys for the installation of drop (last-mile) cabling.
- Liaise with the customer and ipNX sales team to determine the preferred location of customer modem (CPE) in the building.
- Liaise with the Outside Plant Supervisor and the Supply Chain Management team to sign out required activation materials (e.g drop cable) from the store.
- Employ the service of casual labourers for minor civil works where required in laying the drop cable.
- Ensure drop cable is correctly and neatly installed from the nearest access terminal indoors/outdoors into the customer’s residence.
- Measure the Db loss of fibre cabling using the appropriate tools.
- Do minor troubleshooting with light source and power meter to ensure the optic fibre connection Db loss is within range to achieve an excellent connection.
- Do minor corrective procedures such as cleaning optic fibre connectors, couplers, re-splicing the drop cable or replacing the drop cable.
- Install and make the interconnection between the drop cable and the customer’s modem (CPE).
- Test and commission the CPE with the supervision of the ipNX NOC.
- Sign-off with the customer.
- Complete all required documentation to ensure inventory databases are accurate.
- Ability to engage customers, customer focus, timeliness, being target driven, quality consciousness, ability to work without supervision and ability to lead a small team to deliver on targets.
- Ability to use fibre optic tools such as optical light source, optical power meter, splicing tool and Optical
- Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) will be an added advantage. Ability to use the computer and Microsoft office applications is a key requirement.
- Experience in the installation of any type of cabling such as Cable TV, fixed telephone lines and DSL will be an added advantage.
- Quick learners are preferred, since this will require working on new technology.
- Minimum of Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in science or engineering related courses.
- Exceptions may be made in the case of those who studied other disciplines but with field experience in the installation of optic fibre cabling.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/483213 to apply for this job .