The Company is a digital TV software company specializing in advanced EPGs, interactive broadcast, and IP services and solutions for Pay-TV and analogue switch off markets.
The Company is looking for an experienced Project Manager, ideally with Digital Broadcasting and/or software technical experience who will take on the management of key external client and internal projects with the goal of successfully delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. Candidates will have considerable experience in leading and managing multi skilled teams across roll out projects within the telecoms market. You will have knowledge of the acquisition, design and build of cell sites and have excellent inter personal skills with the ability to manage stakeholders and lead multi skilled teams.
Primary ongoing responsibility is for management of projects. Focuses on meeting project commitments, including communications with clients, stakeholders, etc. As assigned, lead or assist in the planning, implementation and introduction of projects for new systems and technologies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead planning and/or implementation of projects. May participate in the design and/or testing phases
- Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor project or area progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary
- Responsibility for assembling the project staff; for their technical or functional development, performance, and/or termination during the project or projects
- Manage project budget and resource allocation. Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirements. Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery
- Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients' needs as appropriate to senior Management
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes. Follow a defined, agreed upon project management methodology
- Present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management
- Leading the company's Nationwide Network Delivery team, ensuring the effective implementation of the Broadcast & IP-based broadcast portfolio projects; ensuring delivered projects meet the requirements and satisfaction of clients and stakeholders
- Fully accountable for the Network Delivery resource management via a matrix based Company organizational structure
- Accountable for the delivery of a multi-discipline Nationwide Digital Switchover rollout which includes:
- The integration of network tools, end user technologies and the secure nationwide infrastructure;
- The transition of current broadcast and communication systems;
- The development of a service management operations framework
- Provide mentoring, coaching and direction setting to team members
- Ensure project team and staff training and development
- Provide mentoring, coaching and direction setting to team members and project managers
- Ensure project team, staff and manager training and development
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters or Bachelors decree with proven experience in the broadcast sector, preferably in the fields of broadcast, mobile telecoms, computer science or engineering
- Proven working experience in project management in the preferred sectors
- Solid technical and operational background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in set-top box middleware, digital transmission, conditional access/digital rights management and/or software development
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management and delegation skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
REMUNERATION: Attractive and suitable package
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/483199 to apply for this job .