Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health NGOs in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health, HIV&AIDS prevention, and maternal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the British Department for International Development (DFID) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), as well as the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons due to new programme initiatives and growth. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
- This is a Senior Officer position reporting to the State Team Leader (STL) in the region. The successful person will be responsible for managing a variety of laboratory-based investigations, carry out sampling, testing, measuring, recording and analyses of results, as part of a clinical team.
- Provide all the required technical support to enable the laboratory function effectively whilst adhering to correct procedures, health and safety guidelines.
- S/He will perform laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support provision of the continuum of HIV treatment services.
- S/He will be responsible for preparing dried Tube Specimen (DTS) panels for IQC and EQA (proficiency testing) to support HTS on the project.
- S/He will be working with the project team to develop and implement quality assurance systems to improve the quality of diagnostics, and facilitate treatment and monitoring of HIV, managing laboratory services, with specific focus on HTS and related tests for Anti-Rethroviral Therapy.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must possess a degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or its equivalent
- Possession of Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field would be added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing laboratory services with specific focus on HTS and related tests for Anti-Rethroviral Therapy.
- High level of integrity.
- Must possess good relationship management/ advocacy skills.
- Must possess good report writing and data interpretation skills.
- Presentation skills.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/483029 to apply for this job .