MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
- Develop Best Project Models for effective Project management for running Fibre Optics infrastructure Projects in MTN Nigeria as it relates Network Group Implementation Department.
- Maintain a sound working relationship between the project implementation team and all associated parties, within and outside MTN.
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Project Forecasting
- Supervision, Surveying and producing best suitable routes for implementation of Fibre infrastructure Projects.
- Reviewing of detailed Fibre designs, drawings and adding positive inputs in deployment of Fibre transmission Projects.
- Supervision of installations of fibre optic network (Fibre to site, National backbone and Metropolitan (Metro) Area Network).
- Ensure testing, commissioning and integration of fibre optic infrastructure are done according to MTN Specification and Standard.
- Providing High level support to contractors on Equipment Installations, Commissioning and Integration to MTN Transmission Network.
- Ensuring contractors adherence to MTNN’s SHE policy.
- Ensure that fibre optic Projects are delivered on time and to the highest quality standard as stipulated by MTN.
- Processing and following up with Finance department to ensure timely release of Purchase Order towards payment for Permits to States and Federal Government for fibre infrastructure projects.
- Attending to Federal and States Government in resolving Right Of Way (ROW) Permits issued to MTN for Fibre Projects.
- Ensure proper archiving procedure for all completed MTN Fibre Network Projects.
- Participate and add inputs to weekly Fibre project Meetings with implementation contractors.
- Monitoring, collating, writing and submitting weekly progress report on fibre projects under implementation to Fibre Management team.
- Coordinate Final Acceptance Test and Handover of completed fibre network to Operations Unit
- Open Plan Office
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- Regular National travels
- HND/BEng. /BSc in Electrical &Electronics/ Communication/Civil/Mechanical Engineering.
- Trained on Transmission testing instrument and measuring tool
- Computer Appreciation and Desk Top Publishing.
- Strategic Project Management.
- Certify Fiber Optic Cable Design Specialist (CFOD/S).
- Certify Project Management professional (PMP)
- Certify Member of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE)
- About 5 years working experience in the Telecommunication industry.
- Excellent knowledge on fibre infrastructure and External Line Plant Construction
- Good analytical and logical approach to solving problems.
- Good knowledge on Optical Transmission Technology.
- Excellent in sharing and imparting knowledge to others.
- Ability to suggest solutions to application’s problem. Work with vendors at arriving and implementing solutions identified.
- An excellent Project Manager and Team Player.
- Ability to work under pressure to produce positive results.
- High level of tolerant to issues
- PMP: Certify Project Management Professional
- Fibre Infrastructure Planning and Budgeting
- Fibre to sites, Metro and Long haul infrastructure build
- Fibre Network Planning for Metro short and Long haul
- Minimum qualification
- BEng, BTech, BEd or HND
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482946 to apply for this job .