MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
- To plan and implement a highly effective and cost efficient, end-to-end network security framework within the MTNN voice and customer data networks.
- Evaluate and determine the network security needs of all internal and external data customers.
- Understand financial impact of implementing new or upgraded security technologies.
- Interface with other departments within Network Group, as well as the IS Group and assist in problem-solving in the MPLS WAN and IP LAN with specific emphasis on security
- Design, installs, configures, manages, and maintains mission critical enterprise firewalls, IPS, VPN and other technical controls.
- Implement and maintain a suite of security metrics to enable the effectiveness of the security strategy and operation to be measured and related security issues to be understood and managed
- Implement network access control across different network segment on the IP/MPLS network
- Ensure security and preventative measures for unauthorized access.
- Escalate network related fault and network clearance rate.
- Ensure quality roll-out of new Data/services working with Marketing and IP System planning.
- Perform New Node implementation and cut over.
- Provide Emergency Maintenance on IP/MPLS Network with Security skills High Level trouble shooting.
- Achieve Planned Works Completion rate.
- Standard MTNN working conditions
- Extended work hours
- May be required to travel at short notice
- Fluent in English
- First degree in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering
- CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional would be an added advantage
- Cisco Certification to Professional Level required with a bias in Security
- CCIE certification would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience which includes;
- 3 years in Security Operations Environment, including VPNs, Cisco Pix/ASA firewalls/Checkpoint firewalls, VPN solutions, IPsec, VPN Concentrators, Tacacs+ and Access-Lists, Load Balancing, Routing Protocols, Patch Management, Linux, Routers and Switches
- 2 years in Security Planning Environment including design and implementation of secure networks, service migration planning.
- Proven network security architecture knowledge across multiple security domains.
- Experience in multi-vendor network operations
- Solid security experience essential
- IP, Networking, GSM, Security-related courses
- Minimum qualification
- BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482943 to apply for this job .