MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
- To organize the financial budget, monitor financial operations and reconcile financial accounts managed by the assigned division
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, eg, by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviors every time.
- Monitor the progress of projects in relation to budgets and plans and investigate project expenses and variances, as well as produce periodic reports on project financials.
- Provide administrative support in respect of Bids for projects, preparing bid invitation and preparing briefs for Board/Committee/Statutory meetings.
- Facilitate the maintenance of effective financial controls in the division, ensuring effective maintenance of the MTNN budgetary controls.
- Coordinate the division’s financial accruals, ensuring accuracy and completeness, saving accurate record of all Opex transactions on the ERP system.
- Prepare financial reports to support management decision making.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
- First degree in any relevant discipline
- Fluent in English
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience with working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in budget forecasting, management accounting/ financial reporting within a FMCG environment.
- Basic knowledge and appreciation of Finance and Internal Control systems.
- Financial and Management Accounting.
- Budgeting and cash management.
- ERP training (Preferably IFS).
- Minimum qualification
- BA, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482942 to apply for this job .