Responsible for the operation and instructional leadership at elementary and secondary schools. Trains and supervises staff, sets instructional objectives, and works to build a rapport with parents.
- Manage day-to-day activities at an elementary or secondary school.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Develop academic programs.
- Monitor students and teachers for progress.
- Train, encourage, and mentor teachers and other staff.
- Manage career counseling.
- Administer record keeping.
- Supervise teachers, counselors, librarians, and other support staff.
- Maintain rapport with parents.
- Handle tours and marketing.
- Prepare budgets and annual reports.
- Work actively with teachers to maintain high curriculum standards.
- Formulate mission statements.
- Establish performance goals and objectives.
- Explain or answer procedural questions.
- Hire, train, and evaluate teachers.
- Visit classrooms and observe teaching methods.
- Examine learning materials.
- Review instructional objectives and adjust accordingly.
- Meet with other administrators, parents, and community organizations.
You will need to have:
- Strong interpersonal skills to help you relate to students, academic staff, teachers, senior managers and colleagues in other areas of education administration;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Team working skills and the ability to work alone without supervision;
- The ability to deal positively with change;
- Experience in organizing, prioritizing and managing your time effectively;
- IT skills in areas such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases and the internet as well as the use of social media;
- A flexible approach to work.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- A post graduate degree (ongoing) in Education.
- Over 7 years’ experience in school administration at a UK curriculum school
- Professional certification would be an added advantage
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482792 to apply for this job .