This company is a womens wear brand based in Lagos, Nigeria that specialises in ready-to-wear and couture garments. Our values are creativity, craftsmanship, quality and timeliness.
We are passionate about developing the fashion industry and consider properly educated and skilled patternmakers, tailors and seamstresses to be an integral part of the fashion industry ecosystem.
- Design & Creation
- Production & Manufacturing
- Purchasing & Supply Chain
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Patternmaking and Cutting- Creating patterns for specific clients or standard sizes based on measurements given and cutting fabric using the tested patterns.
- Construction- Sewing garments using specific seams and finishes as suited to the fabric or design.
- Embellishing or embroidering a garment when suitable and working with beaders when necessary.
- Fittings- Conducting fittings for clients and making accurate alterations where necessary.
- Quality Control- Checking quality of finished garments thoroughly.
- Procurement of materials- Procuring locally sourced materials when necessary e.g. aso oke or adire fabrics.
- Research- Researching design and construction techniques, trends and inspirations.
Minimum Level of Education:
- Vocational training in garment construction.
- Literacy- Written and computer.
- Willing to learn
- Good management skills
- Ability to assess situations, make good judgement calls and solve problems
- Good team spirit
- Ability to show initiative in the execution of the job on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to work efficiently and execute tasks independently i.e. without constant supervision
Technical Skills Required:
- Sewing with an industrial sewing machine.
- Patternmaking (optional)
Salary negotiable depending on skill set and level of experience, practical tests will be carried out.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482781 to apply for this job .