Ornamental Agro-Allied Enterprises is a full service agriculture firm offering professional farm management, Dairy Operation, livestock operations management, agricultural consulting. We have a practical understanding across the whole range of farming disciplines.
- Familiar with and has experience in fire science and/or UL certification testing and capable of problem solving using reliable analytical data obtained by various analytical techniques (X-ray fluorescent, inductively coupled plasma instrumentation, etc).
- Must write clear and concise reports from analysis of the data.
- Responsible for providing timely responses to internal and external requests and for providing accurate quotes for external customer projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of UL certification testing.
- Ability to execute testing in the area of Polymer fire science utilizing Cone Calorimeter, Oxygen Index and other tests to resolve issues.
- Understand chemistry as it relates to flammability of polymers.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the XRF and ICP labs providing solutions for problems involving metals analyses.
- Understand inorganic chemistry as it relates to the performance of polymers.
- Provides project management for analytical projects from within the organization as well as from external customers.
- Prepares and presents technical documents to customers.
- Perform the routine and experimental analytical methods and protocols in an accurate and reproducible manner.
- Contributes ideas to members of a group formed to resolve analytical problems.
- Sets priorities for analytical projects to help bring them to completion in a timely fashion.
- Assists senior scientists within the group as the demands of the businesses change.
- Directs the work of junior staff assigned to them.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other related field.
- Advanced Degree is a plus.
- Can apply multiple theories and concepts in experimentation and trouble-shooting.
- Has more in-depth scientific understanding and relevant experience.
- Has technical proficiency to be self-sufficient.
- Understands Design of Experiment.
- Work speed is faster with better accuracy.
- Familiar with EHS standards and codes.
- Understands customer requirements and translates them into technical projects.
- Capable or leading project teams.
- Expands technical network beyond his/her own Business Unit.
- Capable of developing new tests and approaches.
- External Awareness
- Developing network of customer and vendor contacts.
- Growing understanding of customer markets and applications.
- Has attended conferences and industry shows and begun to build market knowledge and trends.
- Has visited customers and presented technical work.
- Gets buy-in from others for personal projects.
- Comfortable giving oral presentations.
- Provides clear communication on larger projects to wider audiences.
- Had demonstrated ability to complete more complex experimentation/projects on time and within budget.
- Completed projects have resulted in direct financial gains for Business Unit.
- Clearly understands how project outcome impacts business unit top and bottom lines
- Can explain PolyOne’s strategies externally from a high level.
- Aware of testing and other technology costs and strives to minimize them.
- Aware of options of IP protections.
- Provides necessary input for technician performance.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482764 to apply for this job .