World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Objectives of the Programme:
- To provide administrative support to the Human Resources Service in WCO, verify for correctness and conformity with Staff Rules and WHO Manual, all operations involved in processing recruitment.
- Appointment and termination formalities, contract administration and staff entitlements.
Description of Duties:
- Develop and administer an effective recruitment and internal placement programme which will attract the best qualified applicants to the Organization and ensuring active support of equal employment opportunity consistent with the Organizational policy.
- Develop and present a good orientation programme for all recruited personnel in WCO/Nigeria and continuously keeping employees informed about personnel regulations and benefits, which directly affect them.
- Establish and maintain training programmes, as needed, to enable employees to meet their work requirements and, to the extent possible, to develop career potential;
- Liaise with Unit Heads to identify vacancies. Co-ordinate the recruitment, selection and placement process, using best practices, to ensure the most qualified candidates are employed.
- Manage and co-ordinate the maintenance of personnel record of employees to ensure provision of timely information for management decision making, and for other personnel actions.
- Provide advice and support to managers and unit heads on human resources-related matters.
- Interpret WHO Rules and Regulations and provide explanations and guidance to staff members on the Organization's Personnel Policies and Programmes.
- Supervise the work and activities of Human Resources Assistants in their various areas of assignment to ensure quality and timeliness in the delivery of personnel services.
- Implement the HR strategies defined for the Region, within the framework of local environment;
- Administer contracts of professional fixed- and short-term, as well as contracts of GS and NPO staff;
- Supervise HR activities conducted in WCO;
- Prepare and classify GS and NPO posts provided for in the biennial work-plans approved by the RD;
- Classify GS and NPO posts;
- Participate in ad-hoc and comprehensive salary surveys of the UN Local Salary Survey Committee for local salary reviews.
- Essential: University Degree in HR Management, Business or Public Administration/Social Sciences or its equivalent.
- Verification of Educational Qualifications:
- "In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually".
- Computer literacy in basic software programmes, in particular, basic word-processing, data management programmes, electronic communication technology and excel.
- Producing Results
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Knowing and managing yourself
- Essential: At least 2 years experience in Human Resources Management in government or any other reputable organization.
- Desirable: Prior experience in Human Resources Management in the UN System. knowledge of ERP systems.
- Excellent knowledge of English and of local language.
- Additional Information
- WHO offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), dependency benefits, pension plan, health insurance scheme, and 30 days annual leave.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482658 to apply for this job .