LAPO Microfinance Bank Limited, a premium microfinance bank and the largest with 386 branches across Nigeria, and a reputation for providing responsive financial products and services to its growing clientele.
- Full secretarial support to the Managing Director:
- Plan and organize the MD’s schedule to maximize use of time, allow adequate time for meetings and other engagements, ensure that all plans are achieved.
- Maintain regular and informed communication with the Managing Director.
- Organize necessary travel and accommodation booking.
- Handle all phone calls and mails, screen them appropriately to ensure MD’s time is used efficiently.
- Ensure that all documents and reports are accurately presented in line with company procedures.
- Preparation of presentations using appropriate Office applications
- Arrange meetings and seminars, ensure that participants have all relevant papers in advance and the Managing Director is well prepared.
- Take minutes of meetings, present records to all participants accurately, and in a very appropriate format.
- Ensure seamless information between the office of the Managing Director and internal stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain an effective filing system for records to be updated and be easily accessible by the Managing Director.
- Collate company information as required eg. Director’s whereabouts, Company telephone lists, sickness records, holiday records, health and safety records, etc.
- As the HR Department’s contact person, you are responsible for:-
- Constant record update of policies and guidelines when new information comes from the HR Department.
- Responsible for all office administration, administration staff and office maintenance.
- Ensure familiarity at all times, comply with company policies, procedures and operational instructions in the bank.
- Implement new ideas and methods, and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organization’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
- These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of other duties as reasonably required by the Managing Director.
Effective working relationships are an essential part of daily life. The focus of this role is both:-
Internal: Colleagues within the office of the Managing Director, Head of departments/groups/units; and
External: Develop an awareness and understanding of managing external contacts in order to efficiently perform key responsibilities.
Decision Making Authority:
As agreed with the Managing Director
Referring relevant matters to the appropriate departments
First degree in Secretarial Studies or in a related discipline. Possession of a Master's degree and professional Certification would be an added advantage.
Other skills and competences
- Sound knowledge of best practices in Office and Secretarial Administration including relevant regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of relationship management techniques and skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Strong personal qualities, like self-confidence and excellent inter-personal relationships.
- Strategic thinking, creative, analytical and excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
- Resourcefulness in solving problems and attending to multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent people skills, an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant IT tools
- Sound professionalism, business acumen and judgment
- Strong work ethics, self-motivation, team player and collaborative approach to work, including a commitment to knowledge sharing.
- Readiness and ability to accommodate flexible work hours;
- Ability to apply discretion on sensitive issues and respond positively to challenges.
- MD’s schedule properly planned
- Effective management of MD’s routine.
- Effective use of best practices in Office technology and management
- Effectiveness of the linkage and synergy between all the Bank's departments, the office of the Managing Director and external stakeholders.
- Functionality and efficiency of the office of the Managing Director
Fluency in English
Between 30 and 35 years of age
20th Sept., 2016
Competitive and based on qualification and experience
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482527 to apply for this job .